[Monotone-devel] interoperating with git

From: Hendrik Boom
Subject: [Monotone-devel] interoperating with git
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 09:40:06 -0400

Planning to use monotone together with git.  Monotone for day-to-day
activity, because it's a system I understand and trust.  Git for posting
working versions on github or gitlab or some such.

The obvious way to do this is to have one workspace that is used with
both git and monotone.  git will be tld to ignore _MTN; monotone will be
told to ignore .git .

And. of course, similar treatment with other control files, such as the
one that tells monotone to ignore .git.

Does this seem like a reasonable approach?
Is there something I've overlooked?
Is there a better approach?
Is there some new feature I should be looking at instead?

-- hendrik