Re: Patch to compile against Botan 2.x

From: Lapo Luchini
Subject: Re: Patch to compile against Botan 2.x
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 12:25:44 +0200

Hi Jack, Markus,
I'm trying to compile recent trunk on Win10 WSL1 Ubuntu Focal, and it seems like Botan is using a "E" template and that conflicts with a macro that Monotone is using (sanity.hh).

I was first trying to work around this by changing include orders, generally taking netsync.hh up being loaded first or second, but then I found a more general solution by including <botan/exceptn.h> at the very end of base.hh, so that it is always included before sanity.hh goes.

Also, default buffer size seems to have changed name.

I know the project is being still for a long time, but I think an 1.2 release that officially supports Botan2 would be in order, maybe that would even get into Ubuntu repositories again (I don't know about that, I wouldn't do it myself), but certainly the FreeBSD Port would be happy to drop the old Botan 1.10 dependency. (else, I'd be tempted to update it from a snapshot anyways, but a clean release would be nicer)

--
Lapo Luchini
lapo@lapo.it