myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Re: [Taverna-users] Fwd: myExperiment-Taverna plu

From: Alexandra Nenadic
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: [Taverna-users] Fwd: myExperiment-Taverna plugin issue
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:12:06 +0000

Hi,

In order to use the workaround Alan suggested in hits previous email, make sure you download the self-extracting version of Taverna for Windows (as opposed to the Windows installer version). This will let you modify the Taverna startup script to include the fix for the myExperiment.

Here is how:

(1) Download the self-extracting version of Taverna from http://launchpad.net/taverna/t2/2.1.0/+download/taverna-workbench-2.1.0.exe
(2) Save it in say C:\<some_dir> and extract it in the same folder.
(3) You will get a folder like C:\<some_dir>\taverna-workbench-2.1.0\ after extraction. (4) Using Windows Explorer, go to C:\<some_dir>\taverna-workbench-2.1.0\ folder and you'll see a file called taverna-debug.bat. (5) Right-click on it and select Edit option. Edit the file to include the line:

set ARGS=%ARGS% -Duser.language=en

after

set ARGS=%ARGS% -Draven.profile=file:conf/current-profile.xml
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Djava.system.class.loader=net.sf.taverna.raven.prelauncher.BootstrapClassLoader
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Dsun.swing.enableImprovedDragGesture
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Dtaverna.startup=.

So you'll taverna-debug.bat should now look something like:

@ECHO OFF

REM Taverna startup script

REM go to the distribution directory
pushd "%~dp0"

REM 300 MB memory, 140 MB for classes
set ARGS=-Xmx300m -XX:MaxPermSize=140m

REM Internal system properties
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Draven.profile=file:conf/current-profile.xml
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Djava.system.class.loader=net.sf.taverna.raven.prelauncher.BootstrapClassLoader
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Dsun.swing.enableImprovedDragGesture
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Dtaverna.startup=.
set ARGS=%ARGS% -Duser.language=en

java %ARGS% -jar lib\prelauncher-*.jar

pause

REM restore current directory
popd

(6) To run Taverna with the new option you just added, in a command prompt, go to that folder, i.e. type:

cd C:\<some_dir>\taverna-workbench-2.1.0\
and then type:

taverna-debug.bat

and it will fire Taverna up for you.

Hope this helps,