myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] How can I remove "formatting text" from the "Desc

From: Marchese Robinson, Richard
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] How can I remove "formatting text" from the "Description" of my file entry?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 16:17:08 +0000

Hi

I have been updating the “Description” of a (currently private) myExperiment.org file entry which I plan to make public in the very near future.

As part of this, I copied and pasted some text from some Excel files, PDF files and Word documents. This appears to have resulted in the (rather annoying) long XML formatting string appearing when I view the updated file entry (in either Firefox 40.0.03 or IE 11):

“<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml><w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> …..”

I cannot work out how to remove this string. I have tried copying the text into a text file, making this ANSI using Notepad++, deleting the original description and copying from the text file … without success. I have also tried playing around with the formatting options in the editor … without success.

Can anyone advise me as to how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!

Richard

---

Dr Richard Marchese Robinson

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow in the Development of Cheminformatic Approaches for Predicting Toxicity of Nanoparticles

School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Sciences

Liverpool John Moores University

Tel: +44(0)1512312422

Important Notice: the information in this email and any attachments is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to an intended recipient, you should delete it from your system immediately without disclosing its contents elsewhere and advise the sender by returning the email or by telephoning a number contained in the body of the email. No responsibility is accepted for loss or damage arising from viruses or changes made to this message after it was sent. The views contained in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Liverpool John Moores University.