nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Bugs in global.c:toggle_init and nano.c:do_enter

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Bugs in global.c:toggle_init and nano.c:do_enter
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:41:50 +0200

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 02:15:52PM -0400, David Benbennick wrote:
> While I'm at it, here is another question.  The strings
> are all used only if DEBUG is defined.  They are translated, with _(...)
> around them! It seems like a silly idea to translate these messages,
> given that you need English to read the actual code anyway.  (And what
> else is the point of debugging messages?) If nobody comments, in a week
> or so I will submit a patch removing the _()s from around these strings.

Marco Colombo submitted a patch for this a while back. I'm not sure if
these should be really translated or not. I'll ask the TP demigods to
see if there's some official recommendation.

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez || address@hidden || Rediscovering Freedom,
   aka Oskuro in    || address@hidden      || Using Debian GNU/Linux

http://sindominio.net  GnuPG public information:      pub  1024D/917A225E
telnet pusa.uv.es 23   73ED 4244 FD43 5886 20AC  2644 2584 94BA 917A 225E