nano-devel

[Nano-devel] patch updates

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: [Nano-devel] patch updates
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:22:06 -0700 (PDT)

The first patch attached here is an update of the last one I sent, with the
following changes:

* fix for a minor bug in the spec file; the source path
"http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v1.1/%{name}/%{name}-%{ver}.tar.gz"; resolves
to "http://www.nano-editor.org/dist/v1.1/nano/nano-[version].tar.gz";, which
isn't a valid path; the next-to-last %{name} should be removed

* minor space savings in new_file(); after allocating one char of space for
current->data, current->data[0] is set to NULL; "" is no longer strcpy()ed into
it (I've also added this to the other patch)

* removal of an unneeded space at the end of a line in files.c (also in the
other patch)
* a few minor changes backported from the other attached patch (see below); a
changed variable name, the removal of an unneeded blank line, the changing of a
few char*'s to const char*'s, some added comments, and some comment changes

The other patch is an update to David Benbennick's dbpieces3.patch; I've ported
filename to open_files->filename, and fixed most of the breakage; there are
some issues/caveats with it that I haven't yet dealt with:

* open_files->totsize isn't being set correctly after file insertion, with or
without multibuffer mode turned on (I don't think I directly changed any code
dealing with its handling, but for some reason the original patch has no
problem with it, while this does; I tried changing bits of this back to how it
was originally handled, and all I got was bizarre behavior and/or segfaults ???)

* after some of my changes, multibuffers weren't being handled correctly (when
it was supposed to make a new entry, it would update the existing one instead,
hence destroying the original entry); I tweaked some calls to load_file() and
now it seems to work properly again
* view mode is completely broken, with or without multibuffer mode turned on;
if a file is loaded in view mode, view mode isn't enforced, and after exiting
(with constant cursor display turned on), it segfaults in the display section
of do_cursorpos() (I'll have to check this out some more; it happens even with
only one file loaded); I thought the extra calls to new_file() might have
something to do with it, and readded some logic to turn it on or offf
selectively, but it doesn't seem to work (I've left the code in because I
believe I can make it work eventually)

* I've only tested it with multibuffers compiled in so far, since that was
where the most severe problems were for awhile; it hence needs more testing

On the other hand, the binary is 128 bytes smaller on my system when compared
to a binary with the original patch applied.

Run a small business? Then you need professional email like address@hidden from
Everyone.net  http://www.everyone.net?tag