nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Bugs: scrolling down and wordwrap

From: Mikko Ruuska
Subject: [Nano-devel] Bugs: scrolling down and wordwrap
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:48:26 +0300 (EET DST)

Hi,

I think I'm running nano 1.1.10 (can't check now) on debian 2.4 (486).

1)

write text so that there is an empty line in the buffer on the next line
from the cursor, and text is written so that the empty line goes off
screen. then, with the empty line off-screen move cursor down (down
arrow), and cursor jumps in to the middle of the screen, not scrolling the
buffer as it should do.

(hey, my first bug report, so bear with me and the description :) )

2)

nano and pico seem to work differently when it comes to creating a long
line after a wordwrap.

for example, to put that previous 2 lines on to one, with pico, I just
need to go on line 2 ("line after..." and press backspace. a space will
appear in front of "long" in the end of 1st line and all of the second
will be one the 1st line too.

with nano, this doesn't happen.

backspace moves the second line onto the 1st, but with no space between
"long" and "line", and then it wordwraps the "longline after a wordwrap"
on to the second line.. so to do what pico would do, one needs to go on to
the 1st line's end and insert a space, then use delete to bring the 2nd
line on the 1st.

problem, therefore, seems to be with activation of wordwrap. pico uses it
when something is inserted on the line, but backspacing over a newline
isn't insertion.

                                        Mikko
--
mikko.ruuska of iki fi \