nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Bug in ^W

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Bug in ^W
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:59:37 -0700

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 02:09:33PM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> --- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:
> >On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 11:42:54AM -0700, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> >> * disable SIGSTOP so ^S doesn't halt nano until ^Q
> >
> >What?  Why?
>
> It didn't seem to do anything useful.  Since then, though,
> I've tried a few other text editors (elvis, vim, jed, joe,
> and jove) and only elvis blocks SIGSTOP without having ^S
> reserved for a function (but even then adds a ^S
> character), so I guess the Right Thing to do is not to
> block it unless there's a function reserved for it.  I'll
> remove it.

*nod*.  I've had strong urges to get it over with and start using ^S/^Q for
something useful, but thus far have resisted.  I don't see any compelling
reason
to use those keystrokes though at the expense of screwing with XON/XOFF.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001