nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.1.12

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.1.12
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 18:11:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ken Tyler <address@hidden> wrote:
>This all comes about because my glibc < 2.2 and not just because I need to
>update something else ?

After more looking into it, it appears that you could just
get the source to gettext 0.11.5, install that on your
system (which, since your glibc lacks ngettext(), would
install libintl, which would have it), and then try
building nano with it.  The following patch to 1.1.12-cvs just cleans up the
HAVE_NGETTEXT bits from before and adds
the requirement that ngettext is needed as well as gettext
during configure's NLS detection, which sould result in
its looking for gettext/ngettext in libintl instead of in
your glibc.

Nothing like missing an obvious solution; I hope this one
actually works.  (I tried temporarily switching to an
earlier distribution using glibc < 2.2 to test it, but I
ran into problems with drivers being too old for some of
my hardware.)

Sorry for the confusion.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag