nano-devel

[Nano-devel] the joys of the wyse50 terminal!

From: Steven Kneizys
Subject: [Nano-devel] the joys of the wyse50 terminal!
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:52:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi all!

At my new job, I was showing off nano ... under vt320 emulation.  All
is good, I have been doing nano for some time now.  Then I used a
wyes50 terminal emulator -- oh boy!

Well, the up arrow is control-K, so my mind says 'up' and the line is
killed!  The down arrow - control-J, the left arrow is control-H, well,
you can see how things became an exercise in frustration when my brain
was doing what it thought it should be doing to edit the file!!

This was on a debugged version of 1.1.1, the one I used to find memory
leaks a while back.  It is the last version I was able to get to
compile on a fairly vanilla Compaq OSF 5.1 system.  Just wondering if
anybody had and thoughts and such about the wyse50.  I was
contemplating detecting the wyse50, and redirecting those keys used for
arrows to navigation things.  Of course I am also addicted to doing
control-K for a bunch of lines followed by a control-u, so I'd have to
work around that . . I may have to get some vi skills afterall! LOL

take care,

Steve...