nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Colors

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Colors
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:21:28 +0100

Replying back to the -devel list, as it has info for macos users:

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 11:15:20PM +0000, Carl Drinkwater wrote:
> >I guess you've seen the other thread. I assume you have compiled nano
> >with colour support, right? If so, maybe the OSX terminal is a bit too
> >crappy. The only time I've been in front of a MacOS X box, I got the
> >impression that the console wasn't too cool. But I don't know, really.
> >What $TERM do they use?
> A quick FYI - Terminal on OS X is a bit crappy, by default it uses
> vt100 - No colors - I usually suggest that they use a $TERM of
> xterm-color which works perfectly here with everything I've thrown at
> it.

Right, that was what I feared. Can the other MacOS users try changing
their $TERM setting and see how it works?

> This is quite an unknown thing, I've replied on three different mailing
> lists in the past day or so - Stupid Apple!

Hopefully they'll end up fixing their terminal...

Jordi
--
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer     http://www.debian.org/
address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/