nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] getpwent()

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] getpwent()
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:41:34 -0800

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:44:51AM +0000, Simon Arlott wrote:
> rcfile.c uses information from getpwent() to find the user's home dir,
> according to the getpwent(3) man page this uses /etc/passwd
>
> The systems here use NIS, so there is no /etc/passwd entry for my username so
> this fails meaning nano can't find my home dir to read my .nanorc file.

Hi Simon,

        getpwent() should search NIS depending on the implementation.  I
noticed a system here reported similar errors until I added a
compatibility line to /etc/passwd:
+::0:0:::

There is probably an nsswitch setting to fix this without using the +
line.  What type of system is this?

Please let me know if this doesn't fix the problem.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001