nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Possible improvements to the nano.1 man page

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Possible improvements to the nano.1 man page
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

Jean-Philippe Guerard:
>I also have a question. The nano.1 page refers to the initialization
>files as :
>
>$SYSCONFDIR/nanorc
>~/.nanorc
>
>The nanorc.5 file refers to the same files as :
>
>/etc/nanorc
>$HOME/.nanorc
>
>It might be worthwhile to try to use something similar in both man pages
>:)

http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanomans-patch.txt

The patch here does the following:

In nano.1:

* fix one last minor formatting problem (".I~/.nano_history" needs a space
in order to be properly displayed)

* update the modification date

In nanorc.5:

* change to use the ~ notation (only because $HOME is not exclusively used
to determine the user's home directory)

* move the description of the historylog option up so that all options are
in alphabetical order

* update the modification date

The html versions of both are updated as well so as to be back in sync.

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden, No Ads, 6MB,
IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag