nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] regarding .html manpages

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] regarding .html manpages
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:33:08 -0400

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 07:01:14PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> I knew I left something out in my last post.
>
> I didn't re-add the .html pages to the new directory on purpose. I'm a
> strong believer that anything that's autogenerated should be out of CVS
> so I've been looking at those two files with malicious eyes for ages.
>
> My idea: add a hook to "make all" in the manpags Makefile.am's that
> creates the html docs if man2html is installed, or does nothing if it
> isn't.

Does the debian man2html program actually generate man pages in html
format or no?  I couldn't get it to so I ended up copying the redhat
version over to my debian box.  Regardless, I can easily add the
man2html commands to my scripts that genrate the nano distribution if
desired.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001