nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.3.1

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.3.1
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:16:47 -0500

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 06:35:39PM -0800, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> >on a side note, i noticed cutting/pasting has changed behavior ...
> >if i cut a line, then move my cursor to the middle of a line and uncut,
> >it'll uncut the buffer right there instead of as a new line ...
>
> It's a feature; see below.
>
> <snip>
<snip>

> >is this change on purpose ? :) i dont mind it, i'll have to get used to
> >it ... i'd just like to make sure it's a bug before i do ;)
>
> Yes, it's on purpose.  Pico does it (or at least the newer versions of
> it that I've tried do it).

Interesting, and actually a good idea.  Cutting a line puts you back at
the beginning of the line anyway, so if you uncut at the beginning of
another line the effect is the same.   However if you wanted to uncut in
the middle of a line you can.  I imagine there will be some complaints
about it because some people hate change more than me :->

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v0sw7CUPhw5ln6ck4u7LSIw0m5g/l7DRa27s5MRr3e6t5NLMb6TDp3en7g6CPN www.hackerkey.com