nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Feature request

From: Martin Ehmsen
Subject: [Nano-devel] Feature request
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:08:49 +0100

Hi...

First of all i'm new to this list, so please be gentle if I make any
newbie mistakes.
Second, I have a feature request for nano:
I usualy uses nano for editing most (if not all) my systems
configuration files, so I'm particulary fond of the backup (-B) option.
But I don't like the backupfiles to be spread all over my filesystem. So
I have implemented af new feature (-E --backupdir) which puts the
backupfiles in that particular directory.
I don't know if it's something you want to put in your codebase or it's
just something I shall keep to myself. But I have at patch against 1.3.1
ready if anybody wants to see it.

Martin Ehmsen
--
"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that
is not the reason we are doing it"