nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] DOS/Mac text conversion

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] DOS/Mac text conversion
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 22:35:35 -0400

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 02:23:48AM +0200, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
> Saving in the file's format by default sounds good to me.  It appears to
> just be a matter of saving the values of the DOS_FILE and MAC_FILE flags
> when updating an open_files entry, resetting them just before reading in
> another file, and setting them based on the detected file format.
> Here's a patch that should do that, against nano 1.2.4:
>
> http://pooka_regent.tripod.com/patches/nano/nanoformat124-patch.txt

Looks great, but IMO this is a 1.4/2.0 feature, it would never be a 1.2
feature because such a drastic change in behavior should not take place
in the middle of the stable series.  So I was aking if you felt this was
proper for 1.3...

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v1sw7CUPhw5ln6pr5ck4ma7u7LSIw0m5g/l7DRa27s5MRr3e6t5NLMb6TDp3en7g6M hackerkey.com