nano-devel

[Nano-devel] statusbar blanking

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] statusbar blanking
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 22:47:48 +0200

Hi,

When specifying -U, the status bar blanks quickly just fine in the
File Browser, but not in the Editor.  For example when a search
wraps, this message disappears in the File Browser upon the next
keystroke, but in the Editor it stays there seemingly forever.
Only when some cursor movement is made (like with the arrow keys,
Backspace, ^A, ^E and such) does the status bar get blanked.  Also
without -U, the status bar never gets blanked when just typing
text.

Shouldn't there be a check_statusblank() in parse_kbinput()?  And
then remove it from everywhere else?  Attached patch seems to work
fine here, but surely I'm overlooking something.

Something else: when in the File Browser, pressing plain W equals
^W, plain G equals ^_, and plain E equals ^X.  Is this intentional?

When dealing with files one normally works with globbing, not
with regular expressions.  When in the File Browser trying to
search for *rc, I found the error message '[ Bad regex "*rc":
Invalid preceding regular expression ]' at first quite confusing.
This is just a remark; it would really go too far to add a comment
about this in the "Browser Search Command Help Text".

Benno