nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Meta key w/x bug

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Meta key w/x bug
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 12:03:22 -0400

Benno Schulenberg wrote:

<snip>

> Do I understand correctly: plain and normal Pico does not know the
> combination Ctrl+W Ctrl+X?  Plain Pico does not cut anyhting but
> simply beeps?

Yes.

> If that is the case, would it be possible to have a configure option
> to turn this key combination off in nano, and only have M-T left to
> cut-to-end-of-file?

I've considered something like that, but the problem is that I don't
know whether the feature's going to get into the next major version of
Pico.  If it is, and I change it now in nano, I'll just have to change
it back then for compatibility.  Once I know whether it's in or not,
I'll look into changing it if it's not.