nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 13:34:58 -0500

On 7/31/07, David Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'll look into this too.  I just need time...

Done.

(By "standard CC license", do you mean the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 license?  That's what I've looked at here.)
Unfortunately, this seems overly complex as well, seeing as it's meant
to apply to a lot more than just writing, and I'm not sure I like how it
brings trademarks in at the end.  Also, the section about having to
remove any references to licensors/the original author upon request if
you make a derivative work seems problematic; what happens if they can't
get ahold of you?  Finally, according to the gnu.org licenses list, it's
GPL-incompatible...