nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] updates, and relicensing questions...
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:16:19 -0500

On 8/7/07, David Ramsey <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

> Thanks, but things may be a bit more complicated.  There are three
> code-related things that are GPL-2-or-later and copyrighted to the
> FSF: configure.ac, po/update.pl, and the getline() and getdelim()
> equivalents in utils.c.  Those have to be put under GPL-3-or-later
> (although, given the FSF's views, I don't think it'll be hard to do
> so) before switching fully to GPL-3-or-later.  And, after the switch,
> once the FSF copyright assignment is handled, I'm guessing that the
> last of these three items will no longer need a separate copyright
> notice...

Update: I've gotten all this cleared up.  It's okay to put the
FSF-copyrighted stuff under GPL-3-or-later, and the separate copyright
notice can be removed after reassignment as long as the years on the
primary copyright notice are right.  So, if everything goes according to
plan, I'll be converting the source as a whole to GPL-3-or-later
tomorrow.