nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Linter support at last

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] Linter support at last
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 10:23:21 -0500

Hello,

This morning I committed support for linters, it requires that your
installation supports spell checking and color.  See nanorc(5) for more
details.  The current implementation attempts to cleverly take over the
spelling function if you've defined a linter, which I assume may be
controversial to some.

For linters like splint which will also check files included with your
source code, if possible nano will offer to open that file in a new
buffer so it can show you the lints.  I'm planning to make this possible
to set in your local nanorc instead of having to edit the syntax files
where they are installed by adding a new syntax extend directive,
hopefully this will be done within the next 2 weeks.

Feedback welcome.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

v4sw7CUPYhw5ln6pr5Pck4ma7u7Lw0m6g/l7DUi5e6t5Ab6THen7g6Ma29s5r3p-4 hackerkey.com