nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] having text marked/selected

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] having text marked/selected
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 16:28:27 +0200

On Mon, Jun 9, 2014, at 13:34, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Oh, that brings me to a maybe more compelling reason why I prefer
> the cursor to return to before the cut section when the selection
> was made backwards.  [...]

Another reason for returning the cursor to where it was: imagine
being in the middle of a large file, having done several edits
without saving, then wanting to replace something, but instead
of hitting M-R you hit M-T by mistake.  Oops!  Ah, luckily there
is undo, so you hit M-U...  Weh.  The cursor is now at the bottom
of the file.  How to find back where you were!?

It would be ideal if after the M-U everything would be exactly
as right before the M-T.  No?

Benno

                          unladen european swallow