nano-devel

[Nano-devel] unreachable tail

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] unreachable tail
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 12:28:00 +0200

Hello Mark,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014, at 07:34, Mark Majeres wrote:
> I noticed another location that could result in a bottomless file.  I
> didn't have a test case that failed, but the code obviously has a hole
> in it.  Patch is attached.

Applied, in r5007.  Thanks.

But... when filebot is updated, shouldn't openfile->filebot->next
be set to NULL?  Or is this pointer never used?  And totsize, is
it handled correctly?

Ow!!  Try this:

<M-/>  <Enter>  <Enter>  <Enter>  xx
<Backspace>  <Backspace>  <Backspace>  <Backspace>  <Backspace>
<M-U>  <M-U>  <M-U>  <M-U>  <Down>  <Down>  <Down>...

The xx sit there at the tail of the file, but they are unreachable!

Benno