nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] unreachable tail

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] unreachable tail
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 05:50:17 -0700

Benno,

> But... when filebot is updated, shouldn't openfile->filebot->next
> be set to NULL?  Or is this pointer never used?  And totsize, is
> it handled correctly?

The unlink_node() function takes care of this.  However, if the last
node of the file was not well-formed, and did not have a 'next' that
was NULL, the new filebot will have the same problem.  As far as I can
tell, the totsize is being update correctly when needed.

> Ow!!  Try this:
>
> <M-/>  <Enter>  <Enter>  <Enter>  xx
> <Backspace>  <Backspace>  <Backspace>  <Backspace>  <Backspace>
> <M-U>  <M-U>  <M-U>  <M-U>  <Down>  <Down>  <Down>...
>
> The xx sit there at the tail of the file, but they are unreachable!

Hmm,  I can't reproduce this.

-Mark