nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search string

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search string
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 21:11:19 +0200

> > One of my small annoyances with nano is that, after a restart,
> > I need to do ^W followed by Enter to search again for the last
> > string [...]

^W followed by <Up> and <Enter>, even.

> How about highlighting all of the matches too?

Nice.  But it is something else, and a much bigger change.
It would have to be behind an option too, not the default.
And highlight how?  If by either inverse video or bold, how
to distinguish it from marked text?  And how to highlight a
match within marked text?  So highlighting matches would
have to be done by a configurable colour.  Are you willing
to write a patch?  :)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...