nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano-2.4.3pre1 ready for testing

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano-2.4.3pre1 ready for testing
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:02:16 +0100

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015, at 08:21, Chris Allegretta wrote:
> So I was getting things in order for the release, but was not in the
> right state of mind for where I thoughts backports were. I did a very
> rushed job of putting things into 2.4, [...]

Why do backports at all?  Why not simply release HEAD?  It will be
stabler than whatever you can hastily put together.  And will have
more features.

Having an even and an uneven series, a stable one and a development
one, is old-fashioned.  The idea today is: quick releases.  Firefox
churns out a release every six weeks, the kernel every two months.
I don't know the cadence of Chrome, but it must be something similar.

If it had been up to me, we would have had a release almost every
month over the past year.  Meaning that most of the fixes would have
been in Wily by now.  What did I make all these efforts for?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own