nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:02:41 +0530

I will keep all that in mind and work more focused manner again.

Thank you, sir.  :)

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Rishabh,

[To clarify: when in the previous mail I mentioned details of the
patch, I meant your patch, not mine.]

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016, at 07:51, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> Well, when I run valgrind it point memory leak above and below it.
> Nevertheless, I read on web how to avoid memory leak and basically
> included freeing allocated memory.

Right.  The easiest way to avoid at least one leak is:
don't pass a string back from fault_in_path() but just
a bool.  Print the "Directory '%s' doesn't exist" not in
open_buffer() but immediately in fault_in_path() instead.

[As 2.5.1 is now out, please upgrade to that, apply my
version of the patch to it, and work from there.]

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service