nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Patch for bug #44950
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:37:37 +0100

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016, at 19:55, Rishabh Dave wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > But... when I do as a normal user 'src/nano /root/something',
> > why don't I get "Path '/root': Permission denied"?
>
> Is that fixed?

No, not yet.  But see attached patch.

> I couldn't apply 'dropping-the-global.patch' to nano-2.5.1
> (since I am not using a version control system).

When working on on a project, it's better to follow the repo.
First install subversion, then run:

    svn co http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/nano/trunk/nano

There you can see the current state of affairs.
Every day do an 'svn up' to sync with the latest changes.

>     } else if ((strcmp(filename, "") != 0) && (writable =
> is_file_writable(filename) == FALSE))

No, I don't want to use is_file_writable() -- it actually tries
to write to the directory, which causes:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?29312
and is probably the cause of this one too:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?36864

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Send your email first class