nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] polished git repo

From: Kamil Dudka
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] polished git repo
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 12:36:18 +0100

On Thursday 18 February 2016 11:35:38 Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016, at 21:41, Kamil Dudka wrote:
> > The sooner we stop synchronizing it with svn the better.
>
> Yes.  But Chris still has to give his go-ahead.  And we have to choose
> a moment, and first agree whether or not to include the git-svn-id tag
> in the commit message.  If those tags are the only way to find a given
> SVN revision in the git history, then they must stay.

My vote is for keeping them because removing them will not significantly
decrease size of the repository.  Moreover, I believe it is common to have
them included in projects that were migrated from svn to git.

> > The info is in the commit messages in a machine-readable format, so you
> > can use 'git log --grep' to look that up.
>
> Yes, when those tags are still there.
>
> >  I believe that by "trimming"
> >
> > Mike did not mean dropping svn id from commit messages.
>
> I think that's exactly what Mike meant.

Then it was misunderstanding on my side.  I would definitely prefer to keep
svn revision id in git commit messages.

Kamil