nano-devel

[Nano-devel] [patch] detecting and identifying a build from git

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] [patch] detecting and identifying a build from git
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 13:40:27 +0200

Now  that the code I used for detecting a build from SVN no longer
works, it became necessary to convert this to git.  Unfortunately,
git does not provided nice, linear revision numbers, so the best
I could think of is to use the short commit hash to identify a
particular build from git -- the one shown by git log --oneline.
See attached patch.

Using this patch, a nano built from git would be identified in
the titlebar as (for example):

  2.5.3-git  cb17732

instead of as:

  GNU nano 2.5.3-git

If you have better ideas, or better ways to do this, let me know.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Send your email first class