nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Savannah repo is stuck

From: Rishabh Dave
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Savannah repo is stuck
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 22:30:17 +0530

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Benno Schulenberg
<address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2016, at 10:19, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>> On Thu, May 12, 2016, at 00:20, Rishabh Dave wrote:
>> > Should I forget this problem or I should report somewhere (I don't
>> > know how to investigate it, but I would like to)?
>>
>> If it occurs again, sure, report it.  But you might now also just
>> ask if there was a known problem with Savannah.
>
> Interesting.  Since about noon I cannot pull nor push.
> It just sits there, waiting.  For other repos on Savannah
> I get: fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Oh... I can pull and clone nicely since yesterday. Recently, I visited
mail archives of Savannah Administration to check if they know about
this issue. They have a thread under the subject: "Savannah git repos
misbehaving". They have confirmed it there. (Is it okay to post link
to a mail archive or to even read it in the first place, for both
public and non-public mail archives?)

Still we don't know why it happens to different users at different
times. Perhaps due to the geographical location.