nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] translation updates process

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] translation updates process
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 09:28:40 +0200

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016, at 22:48, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> we're still having translations roll in.  how long was it in the TP
> database before we released ?

The TP got it only after we released.

>  wondering if we should agree on some
> timeout value (if we haven't already) so the release actually has
> the latest translations vs it always being one release behind.

In general, I don't think this is a problem -- if the pace of
releasing is quick enough.

This release had quite a few strings changed, and basic ones
too, so it will look a bit ugly to some users.  But in future,
changes will be small, and I don't find it a problem if there
are two or three untranslated strings in some corner of the
editor.

Anyway, 2.6.1 is planned for next Monday.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The professional email service