nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [nano] improving accessibility
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 20:28:17 +0200

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016, at 17:53, Enrico Mioso wrote:
> Shift+arrow keys works fine: but I am not able to trigger the "select word"
> feature.
> i tried both with left and right shift, and different orders of keypressing.
> Anyway, when I press shift+ctrl+left arrow key or shift+ctrl+right arrow key,
> the cursor doesn't move and nothing seems to get selected.

Strange.  Do Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right work?  Do they jump from
word to word?

If not, do you maybe have rebindings in your nanorc file?

Anyway, try running 'src/nano --ignore testfile' and then type:
Alt+V <Left> <Space> Alt+V <Right> <Enter>
Alt+V <Ctrl+Left> <Space> Alt+V <Ctrl+Right> <Enter>
Alt+V <Shift+Ctrl+Left> <Space> Alt+V <Shift+Ctrl+Right> <Enter>
^O <Enter> ^X

Then insert the contents of that testfile into your answer.

If things work as they should, all three lines should be the same --
however strange that may seem.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web