nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: who would like to have word completion?

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] RFC: who would like to have word completion?
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 14:29:55 -0700

On Sun, 04 Dec 2016 15:48:23 +0100
Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 1, 2016, at 16:21, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> >   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/nano.git/log/?h=word-completion
> >
> > Who likes this feature and would like to see it included
> > in nano by default?
>
> Nobody who wants this?  Then it won't be included.

I don't know if I would use it much but it sounds like a very useful feature
for users who can't type fast, don't like to type or can't remember the exact
spelling of a long word. It would be more useful if it could read in words from
other files (all files in a project, but needs a way to define what files to
include) and maybe the ability to specify one or more
dictionary/programming_language files.

Why not add a configure option to disable it for those who don't want it?