nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Proposal: Change how nano navigates softwrapped lines

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Proposal: Change how nano navigates softwrapped lines
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 17:43:40 +0100

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016, at 05:52, David Ramsey wrote:
> Thinking about this some more, if smart home isn't going to be an issue,
> maybe <Home> and <End> should work on screen lines as well, as it would
> allow greater flexibility of movement when <Up> and <Down> work on
> virtual lines.

Okay.

>  Especially since the "move to next block" functions nano
> already has via <Ctrl-Up> and <Ctrl-Down> can move to the home and end
> of a logical line (well, in the case of the latter, close enough to the
> end).

Are you proposing that <Ctrl+Up> and <Ctrl+Down> work differently
in softwrap mode?  I wouldn't want to do that.  Those keystrokes
should continue to jump to a nonblank-line-after-a-blank-line.
<Home> and <End> could work like in KWrite: go to the left and
right margin; but when already there, then to the head and tail
of the real, logical line.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Send your email first class