nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 09:58:09 +0100

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017, at 06:05, David Ramsey wrote:
> The good news: I've finally figured out where I'm muddling columns and
> x-coordinates

Okay.  I wouldn't call them x-coordinates, though.  In nano, an x is an
index in a string, in a character array.  For me, coordinates are the
indication of a physical position, like a row and a column on a screen.
So, calling x a coordinate confuses me.

> The bad news: this means that I'll have to update the patch set yet
> again.  Do you want to bother with reviewing the bits in version 2a that
> you didn't get to in version 1, or should I just send version 2b?

Just send version 2b.  I didn't yet get around to looking at your latest
patch set.

> Again, sorry for the mess.

No problem.  This is what we do the review for: to catch these kinds
of confusions.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - IMAP accessible web-mail