nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Softwrap navigation overhaul
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2017 13:03:35 +0100

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017, at 16:24, David Ramsey wrote:
> Version 2b is attached.  It's now 34 patches on the softwrap side (the
> same amount of code as before, but I consolidated the edittop_leftedge
> changes for moving up and for scrolling up into one patch, since they
> take up two lines total and both affect do_up()).

I've applied and pushed several of the cosmetic patches, fused some
of them together.  But: 0001 and 0009: discarded.  And 0004 modified.
(The latter leads to one of the overhaul patches to fail, so for testing
purposes, I have applied all of your patches, without errors, to an older
branch.)

Before commenting anything: when running this:

  stty rows 1 && src/nano doc/faq.html

<Up> and <Down> and ^V and ^Y stop working.  And holding
down <Right> just runs from left to right over the same
line again and again.  A <Ctrl+Right> does move to the
next line.

(Of course it is silly to use a terminal consisting of
just one line, but current nano functions fine in that
situation.  It should continue to do so.  And... it is
a good test that most of the logic is correct.)

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - A no graphics, no pop-ups email service