nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Overwrite mode

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] Overwrite mode
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 21:12:48 +0200

Op 10-10-2017 om 16:40 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
Most other editors have a feature commonly called overwrite mode.
[...]

It is very useful to directly replace small parts of text, for
creating diagrams or to add modifications without changing the
position of the rest of the document.

I want this feature and have been investigating how to implement it.
It seems very easy to do.

How do you propose to show that Overwrite mode is on?  How do you
propose to toggle the mode?  Is anyone else interesting in having
this feature?

Can I go ahead a send a patch that implements it?

Slow down.  I have my hands full.  I don't even get around to
applying other patches.

Benno