nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Fwd: Re: how should piping through an external command

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Fwd: Re: how should piping through an external command work?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 19:17:48 -0700

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:20:18 +0100
Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> extendsyntax go bind M-T "^R^Xgofmt -w"
> >
> > That would be nice. But such binds should only exist in nanorc
> > until function interpolation is supported.
>
> Function interpolation?  What do you mean?

Using names instead of bindings for portability.
extendsyntax go bind M-T "${execute}gofmt -w"

> > The terrible selection saving in writeout (who voted to do that?)
>
> It was added in May 2001, commit cc197ef0, without giving any reason

Ugh, so the recent patches that keep a selection after performing an action are
to blame. Could we require a toggle in writeout to switch to saving a
selection? Because how often does anyone write a selection to a different file?