nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] posix_spawn()

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] posix_spawn()
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 09:54:49 +0200

Hi Aron,

[*Please answer to the list, not to me.*]

Op 09-07-18 om 07:16 schreef Barath Aron:
> I do not agree completely. I'm talking about only the posix_spawn()
> transition,
> which is actually almost complete. I've developed my patches on Arch Linux,
> until
> it worked, so the patch is 100% Linux-compatible (since both pthread and
> posix_spawn() are POSIX). It is not about "that" operating system. Just to be
> clear my situation. :)
> The only reason I wanted to submit the patches is that I do not intended to
> diverge from the mainline, and for easier further changes adaption. :/

Well... if it were a three-line patch, no problem.  And maybe even a ten-line
patch I would have grudgingly accepted.  But a big messy patch that adds more
than a hundred lines...  No.  Plus: I would have to learn about posix_spawn()
because I will have to maintain this stuff.  I have other things to do.

Benno