nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Linting

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Linting
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 05:01:23 -0600

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 12:46:56 +0200
Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> Maybe we should force the help lines on when in the linting menu?
> Just like they are forced on when in the help viewer.  Because the
> linting thing looks deceptively like the normal editing window --
> the file browser and the help viewer look quite different: the user
> will readily understand they will need to press some exit or cancel
> key to get out of them.  But for the linter... make this clearer?
> And thus show the changed meaning of ^Y/^V too?

What about forcing help on for all prompts? The purpose of nohelp is to give
more space to edit text, but you don't care about the contents in the edit
window when saving a file or typing a search query. You do care about the edit
window when the linter is active but having the help show would better indicate
it is active. I use nohelp and would have no problem if it was forced on in
prompts.