nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [BUG] backspace is now cutwordleft in urxvt

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [BUG] backspace is now cutwordleft in urxvt
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 21:00:50 +0200

Op 11-09-18 om 03:02 schreef Brand Huntsman:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2018 20:53:09 +0200 Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> (But again, your disrespectful bluntness is disgusting.)
>
> My sentence was two facts.

*No, it was not!*  Nano is not broken.  Some small part of nano on
some systems is broken.  True, an important part, the Backspace key,
but still: not all of nano is broken, and not for many people.

> The problem is the untested patches applied immediately before every release.

As if this happens all the time!  Your insinuations are disgusting!
Normally the last few days before a release only minor patches are
applied.  I made an exception here, because I wanted feedback on the
new behavior.  And: this is a dot zero release.  People should know
to stay away from it if they are not prepared to see a bug or two
crop up.

Benno