nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] nano bug #54928: a syntax file should be fully read onl

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] nano bug #54928: a syntax file should be fully read only when the syntax gets actually used
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:49:54 +0100

Op 14-11-18 om 08:14 schreef Vlad Vladov:
> Is anyone working on this right now?

Not that I know of.  If you decide to work on this, please post on
the relevant report (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54928).

> If not I would be interested in taking a stab at it. Any suggestions where in
> the code I should look (I am new to this codebase)?

Hmm...  Maybe it's not even possible, because of the 'extendsyntax'
command.  Or it would mean re-evaluating each nanorc that contains
an extendsyntax command whenever switching to a new syntax.  :|

Anyway, if you want to take a stab at it, look in src/rcfile.c,
at parse_rcfile().  Somehow you have to split that function in two,
one part that handles 'syntax', 'header', and 'magic', and finishes
when it sees another command, and a second part that handles the
rest.  The second part will have to be called somewhere at the
end of color_update() in src/color.c, right before setting
openfile->colorstrings.

Benno