nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] is it time to break free from the Pico defaults

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] [RFC] is it time to break free from the Pico defaults
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:46:41 -0600

Quoting myself because I forgot one other important thing:
> keypad() also sidesteps any problems with conflicts between escape
> sequences, when the terminal is set up properly.

And I forgot one other vital thing: keypad() also allows nano to work
properly when the terminal being used has completely different escape
sequences from the ones nano supports.  So if keypad() is removed, nano
will no longer respond to keys properly on any terminals different
enough from those.  So, unless you want to be manually adding escape
sequence support for any new and reasonably popular terminal that comes
out, removing keypad() is a bad idea.