nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Autosave

From: Faissal Bensefia
Subject: [Nano-devel] Autosave
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2019 15:42:52 +0000

Hi everyone,

Here is a patch that adds autosave functionality to Nano. The rationale
behind this is that people often get into the habit of repeatedly saving
their work, and I've found that this functionality greatly reduces the
number of keystrokes I'll use while working. Concerns with IO latency
that existed in implementing this functionality in earlier text editors
are increasingly less of an issue on modern systems. This functionality
can be toggled with M-! as well as the usual build flags and nanorc.

In writing this there were some changes I made in order to make
integrating this functionality easier:

 - creating on_modified(), which can in future be used for any other
work that needs to be done whenever the buffer is modified.

 - do_writeout()'s 'exit' argument has been changed to 'all' to better
reflect its use

Regards,

~Faissal Bensefia