nano-devel

Re: Nano 4.6 eats this line

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: Nano 4.6 eats this line
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 16:28:39 +0100

Op 14-12-2019 om 22:38 schreef Seb:
> * pressing <Tab> at the beginning of the line (or when the cursor is on
>   the first letter, "p") makes the line disappear;
>
> * adding a character anywhere on the line except on the first column
>   makes the line disappear.

As far as I can tell, the patch that I posted a few hours ago for a
different issue, fixes also your issue.  Please try it out.

(The added characters in the second bullet point may not be blank
characters, otherwise surprising and unintended behavior will occur.
But it is the correct behavior, because you added "\" to the quoting
string, so nano sees "\" as the start of a comment and thus copies it
to the wrapped part.)

Patch is attached here for completeness.

Benno