nano-devel

Re: [Request] ooption to disable titlebar

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [Request] ooption to disable titlebar
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:46:17 -0600

On 09:27 Tue 14-Apr-2020, David Pfeiffer wrote:
> I haven't patched nano, however my terminal emulator shows the most
> recent command in the title bar such as "Terminal: nano ~/.nanorc"

So you also can't see the correct name when a file is renamed, opened or
created from inside nano.

> You are right, I can't see if the file is modified in the titlebar.
> I'm only requesting it as an option to be enabled in the nanorc and
> certainly not a default. Perhaps a keybinding that could show/hide
> titlebar/buffers so you can quickly check the buffers?

The key bind couldn't be enabled by default, otherwise someone might
accidentally press it and not know how to get the titlebar back.

I posted a patch a while back to display current filename in the
terminal's titlebar. It could be updated to also display view/modified
status and buffer indicator when titlebar is hidden. I'm not sure if
Mike's issue with escape sequences is still valid, the terminal's
titlebar matches nano's titlebar for me. It could check for TERM='linux'
but it works fine in linux console either way. And checking for DISPLAY
disables it in so many valid cases.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/nano-devel/2018-01/msg00126.html

Attached patch is updated for current git.