nano-devel

Re: [RFC] a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion

From: Brand Huntsman
Subject: Re: [RFC] a scroll bar on the right that shows position and portion
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 01:51:16 -0600

On 00:53 Fri 24-Apr-2020, Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita wrote:
> I think it is possible to do a bit better with less code. Attached
> patch 2 allows us to use "scrollbarcolor " to set both foreground and
> background colors of the scrollbar.

That works better.

The attached patches hide the scrollbar for small buffers. Patch 3a
keeps the scrollbar background but hides the indicator. Patch 3b
completely hides the scrollbar. The latter would be better if the edit
window increased in width to fill in the scrollbar. I don't know if that
is easily possible.