nano-devel

Re: having a scroll bar also in softwrap mode

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: having a scroll bar also in softwrap mode
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 12:34:40 +0200

Op 29-04-2020 om 03:54 schreef Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita:
> This is probably caused because the renumbering is only triggered when
> there is a change on a softwrapped line. What really is needed is a
> way to detect if the number of softwrapped lines has (chunks) has
> changed.

That detection is already there: see in inject() and do_deletion().

(First do a git pull and a rebase.)

>> Poor naming of a variable: I hardly see a difference with lineno.
>
> How about logical_lineno?

How about chunk_nr?  Then it's clear what it counts.

>> Comment does not fit the code.  :/
>
> Easy to fix.

Yes.  But it is sloppy that it wasn't correct in the first place.
When you *do* add a comment, make sure it's correct.  Otherwise,
just them leave out.  Wrong is worse than none.

Benno